The National Weather Service has posted a handful of advisories and warnings for Hawaii. They include:
- High wind warningin effect from 4 a.m. Sunday till midnight. Gusts upwards of 60 mph and higher are expected with sustained winds of 40 to 50 mph in some areas.
- High surf warningfor various shores across the state. Choppy, rough, life-threatening conditions are expected.
- Storm warning for waters beyond 40 nautical miles offshore. In effect through Sunday afternoon.
- Gale wacthes and warningsposted for waters and channels surrounding the islands.
- Small craft advisoryuntil 6 a.m. Sunday.
These alerts may be upgraded, extended or dropped pending the changing conditions.